Today I have an exciting post for you guys. Lately I’ve been more into matte, full coverage and longwearing foundations even though I have normal to dry skin.. It’s just this mood you know. Because I didn’t own many foundations like this I did get some new ones the past few weeks. Today I’m comparing what I feel like are 2 of the most popular ones out there. If you want to know what I think about them and which one I like better… keep on reading!
Obviously the packaging is really similar: just a simple plastic tube. I do like this kind of packaging because it’s travel friendly, easy to get the precise amount of product you want and you can get every last bit of it.
Now on to the claims for the L’oréal one:
- Medium texture: true! It doesn’t feel heavy in my opinion, but it doesn’t feel like you’re wearing nothing either.
- High coverage: Kind of.. it’s more like a medium to buildable full coverage. However it can get a bit cakey if you apply too much so I usually set for the medium coverage layer if I want a more natural finish.
- Matte finish: yes it is matte all day long on me (remember I do have normal skin). I don’t have to set it and it feels dry to the touch.
Over all they claim it’s a lightweight, non – cakey, 24h perfection foundation.
The Maybelline Fit me one claims:
- Mattifies and refines pores with blurring micro-powders for poreless looking skin: it is matte and my pores look fine with this one, but I wouldn’t say it blurs them or something cause the result is not that crazy.. I feel like you can still use a pore filling primer with this.
- Matches skin tone and texture: the shade matches my ‘has to be redone winter self tan’ skintone nicely and it does have a quite skinlike texture to it.
- Natural, seamless finish: true…at the beginning of the day.
Time to compare them:
- Coverage: they both have medium coverage, but the Infallible scores better here because it has more of a medium to full coverage.
- Consistency: the Fit me foundation is thinner for sure, but the difference isn’t mindblowing or anything.
- Longevity: the Infallible one wins in this department for sure. After a regular school day (8hrs) the L’oréal one still looked really good but the Maybelline Fit me foundation had definitely worn off a bit around my mouth, nose and just in general lost coverage throughout the day. It also creased a bit in those areas.
- Finish: both of them look nice on the skin as far as the texture goes when applied correctly (not too much and a sponge gets rid of any access product so you end up with a more natural finish). However my pores do look slightly smaller with the Fit me foundation. The Infallible foundation on the other hand looks more matte.
- Price: I don’t remember the exact price I paid. L’oréal usually is a bit more expensive, but you do get 5 ml more of product so I don’t mind.
Here you have L’oréal infallible 24h matte foundation in 24 Golden beige (top) and Maybelline Fit me matte and poreless in 120 Classic Ivory (bottom). A darker shade in the Fit me foundation would probably match me better and be more similar to the L’oréal swatch but I can pull this one off too on my paler days.
So I think you can guess it already.. I like them both but I 100% prefer the L’oréal Infallible 24h matte foundation. Mostly because it lasts way better and I like the feeling of not having to stress about my foundation going ‘bad’ throughout the day too much.
Have you tried them and which one is your fave?